Principal's Message :
Dear P.S. 253Q Families,
September certainly did fly quickly by! Your children and their teachers have been very busy setting the stage for a rich year of learning. By now, building and classroom procedures are well-ingrained, and students have completed their baseline assessments to inform teachers of strengths and targeted areas for growth in literacy and math. I have enjoyed seeing new and familiar faces of students and family members at our Welcome Back and Open House events in September. A huge applause to all of our dads and moms who were able to attend our Annual Dads Bring Your Children to School Day. It was such an inspiring experience.
As we welcome October, please view our monthly calendar, class newsletters and website www.ps253q.org, for opportunities to stay informed, involved and engaged. Also view your 2019-2020 Parent Handbook for resources and important information.
During the month of October, we will fall into learning and BE KIND! We look forward to our annual PBIS Kick Off, Character Day Parade, Family Night, and our parent workshops that will discuss strategies to help your child in math and discussions regarding mental health.
We ask that you continue to guide and support your child by reinforcing our school’s expectations for both learning and behavior at home and making sure that he/she:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, in full academic attire and ready for the day’s learning experience
2) Completes and submits all homework assignments given by teachers
3) Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
4) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
5) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
6) Understands that you expect him/her to succeed in school and is college and career ready
Remember, this month, we’re ensuring that we all “Be Kind” to one another!
Phoebe Grant Robinson
Andre D. Spencer, Ed. D.
Please remember to reinforce our Leader in Me Social Emotional Balance Goals over the summer. You can reference the below link for ideas and books to support each of the 8 Habits.
Leader in Me: www.leaderinme.org
The 3 R’s
The 3 R’s
- Picture Day – Oct. 8th
- Middle School Information session October 2nd , 15th and 30th @9:00am and 5:30pm
- PTA meeting and SLT Elections – Oct. 15th
- Family Night- October 15th
- Principals Annual Title 1 meeting- October 21st
- Character Parade – Oct. 25th
Be Kind by Pat Zietlow Miller
What is your GPS?
“In ELA we use RACE to answer a question in a question in a book. RACE is a proper way to answer a question. The R means to restate the question, the A means to answer all the parts the question is asking us, the C means to cite the evidence and the E is to explain our response to question in a book.”
Larissa Perez 3-307
Website Statement on Accessibility:
We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site,
please contact Mr. Goodman, Assistant Principal at (718) 327 - 0895 to request assistance.